On the 29th of April 2018 the well-known Ironman 70.3 triathlon arrives in Marbella. Marbella has a unique location for this event as it is located between the Mediterranean Sea, the Costa del Sol and the Mountains.
Marbella has a marina in the center of the city and another very close, that of Puerto Banus. The latter is one of the most luxurious ports we can find in the world. It is a city with all the necessary services and a multitude of restaurants and shops nearby.
What is an Ironman?
It is arguably the most demanding triathlon test in the world. It consists of three different events and distances:
- Natation : 3.86 kilometers of swimming.
- Cycling : 180 km by bike.
- Carrera : The run has a distance of 42.2km, which gives it the name marathon.
The race has a time limit of 17 hours and the average time is usually 12 hours. But it should be noted that the current record is Patrick Lange with a time of 7:13:13.
Finally, it should be noted that every year sessions are held for the classification of the world championship in countries around the world. That is why in 2018 it will be held in Marbella.
But, what is an Ironman 70.3?
In Marbella, on April 29, 2018 we will enjoy the Ironman 70.3 Triathlon, but What’s different about the Ironman? .
In short, it’s half the distance of the Ironman:
- Natation : 1.9 kilometers of swimming.
- Cycling : 90 km by bicycle.
- Carrera : The run has a distance of 21 km.
Development of Ironman 70.3 Marbella
The development of swimming, cycling and running events of the Ironman 70.3 Marbella will take place in unique enclaves of the city and its surroundings:
- The swim tests will be developed in the Mediterranean Sea.
- The bike route will have 90 kilometres where you can enjoy ports such as Ojén, Coín, Cártama… The Sierra de Marbella has numerous mountain passes surrounded by villages in which you can do bike routes , running or hiking routes (routes Sierra de las Nieves Marbella ). The Sierra de Marbella has numerous mountain passes surrounded by villages in which you can do bike routes, running or hiking routes (routes Sierra de las Nieves Marbella ). The route will be along the promenade in its last kilometres until arriving at Puerto Banús Beach where the aim of the route will take place.
- The path for the walking test , will be developed along the promenade of Marbella, next to the Mediterranean Sea.
Here you can see the Tour of the three Ironman 70.3 Marbella tests.
More about the Ironman 70.3 Marbella
For this long-awaited event we offer 50 qualifying places for Ironman’s biggest event, the IRONMAN World Championship 70.3 2018. This championship will take place in South Africa at the Nelson Mandela Bay South Africa.
The good news for Marbella is that the most important world triathlon brand, Ironman, has signed an agreement with the city of three years of celebration of the event . These three years could be extended to a fourth year.
Therefore, Marbella would be the 4th Spanish city to enjoy the most prestigious triathlon in the world after Mallorca, Lanzarote and Barcelona.
Accommodation for Ironman 70.3 athletes Marbella
Marbella would be the ideal place to look for and find the perfect accommodation. For this reason, in Lima hotel we have a unique and central location . In hotel Lima you can find good prices, cozy rooms in the heart of Marbella a few meters from the start of the tests, the marina of Marbella, the Old Town …